Therapeutic Body Massage is one of the only facilities in the Edmonton area offering traditional cupping treatment. As an ancient Chinese form of massage therapy, cupping is performed using glass, plastic or bamboo cups to create suction on the surface of the skin. The results are simply amazing, as cupping is able to mobilize blood flow and allow for deeper release during massage. TBC uses traditional glass cup techniques that are warmed to create a partial vacuum, as well as gliding cupping for optimum benefits.
Experts agree that cupping is one of the best deep tissue therapies available today and is believed to positively affect tissues as deep as 4 inches from the external surface of the skin. Consider the following benefits of cupping and book your session at Therapeutic Body Concepts:
- More and more clients are requesting cupping for massage therapy in Edmonton due to the impressive results achieved through its use. The most common reasons cupping is practiced is to reduce joint and muscle pain. Cupping has been found to be a powerful tool in the relief of lower and chronic back pain that does not typically respond well to other forms of treatment.
- Cupping offers one of the most relaxing experiences possible when it comes to massage. Clients report being able to enter in to a more relaxed state, and even find that the slight pressure and discomfort of the cupping is actually inductive of a greater degree of relaxation.
- Professional practitioners of cupping use it as a treatment for a wide range of skin conditions, including cellulite, acne, herpes, inflammation and as treatment for a wide range of conditions.
- Respiratory conditions and colds respond well to cupping as it is believed to speed up healing time and improve immune function. Patients searching for lung treatments often seek out specialists who provide this difficult-to-find treatment. Tuberculosis patients have found relief from the condition prior to prescription medicines being available to them.
- Cupping is often used to treat the symptoms of digestive disorders, including IBS, gastritis, water retention, loss of appetite and other gastrointestinal diseases that are often quite difficult to treat without the use of pharmaceuticals.
Most areas of the body can be effectively cupped, including the back, hands, wrists, legs, ankles and other areas so that healing can be applied directly to specific organs that correlate with pressure points.
If you’re interested in cupping as effective massage therapy in Edmonton, please book your session by calling 780-456-1868, or feel free to call with any questions you may have about the procedure. To learn more about the benefits and advantages associated with cupping, click on the ‘Services’ link at the top of the home page and select ‘Cupping’ from the drop down bar. Massage Therapy Edmonton
View Larger Map